Maritime workers’ compensation and how to get it

Offshore accident lawyer

Have you have been injured or contracted a disease while working in the United States’ navigable waters? If so, then you may be looking for something like maritime worker’s compensation. The good news is that this type of compensation does exist. More news is that it could very well be the answer for you. This provision is called longshore harbor workers compensation and is provided by The Longshore and Harbor Workers Compensation Act. This act covers half a million longshore workers.

If you are not certain of whether you can qualify for this compensation, because you are a civilian working on a military base and therefore are not in the navigable waters of the United States, you still can be covered under what is called the Jones Act. The Defense Base Act, more commonly called the Jones Act protec

Read moreMaritime workers’ compensation and how to get it

Follow by Email