Whether you are looking for camo bedding for boys or you just want to know a little bit more about the history of camouflage, here are a few interesting facts that you should know.
1. The military camouflage that we are so familiar with in the United States today was actually developed by the French during the course of World War I and was only adopted by the United States after that.
2. Military camouflage was spuurred by the increasing range and accuracy of firearms in the 19th century. It was a means to stay hidden from the newer guns that did not need a target to be within a few paces to be hit.
3. Two Napoleonic War skirmishing units of the British army were the first to adopt camouflage in the form of a riffle green jacket. The technology, patterns, colors, and uses of camouflage have come a long way since then.
4. Some military textiles and vehicle camouflage paints also reflect infrared to help provide concealment from night vision devices. There are also more pixilated designs that are meant to aid with the concealment from satellites and other digital visual aids.
5. Did you know that squid can change their color to blend in with new surroundings? This is one of the reasons that they are not only great predators, but have eluded scientific studies for as long as they were able to.